We all take our air conditioners for granted. If it is keeping our house cool, we tend not to worry about it, which makes a malfunction or a failure that much more troubling. If something is going wrong with your AC unit, check out these tips. If you need help fixing or replacing your air conditioner, call the energy experts at Blueox Energy in Oxford! In addition to providing the area with the most affordable energy products, including kerosene and home heating oil, we also have a team of heating and cooling repair experts on staff to help keep our customer’s homes and businesses comfortable all year.
Does Your Air Conditioner Not Turn On?
If your AC unit won’t turn on, it could be due to a number of issues.
- Check that the unit has power running to it.
- Check that the air filter isn’t extremely dirty or clogged.
- Check that the outdoor unit (if you have one) isn’t dirty or blocked.
If you have checked all of these possible problems and the unit still won’t turn on, give us a call at Blueox Energy. One of our experienced HVAC techs will come to your home or business and check out your system.
Does Your AC Unit Run All The Time?
An air conditioner will run constantly if there is a problem with a thermostat, or if there is an issue with the condensing unit.
- Check that your thermostat is hooked up correctly — look at the wiring diagram and make sure that the wires are connected where they should be and that there are no crossed wires.
- You can also turn the thermostat to heat and see if hot air begins to flow. If it doesn’t, your thermostat may need to be replaced.
- Clean your condensers. Dirty condensers won’t release as much heat as they should, which means that the unit thinks that it needs to create more cold air.
If you try these and the unit continues to run, call Blueox. Our techs can help determine and resolve any issues with your air conditioner.
Is Your AC Unit Pushing Warm Air Instead of Cool Air?
Warm or room temperature air coming out of your AC unit could be caused by a problem with the filter or because of a buildup of ice on the coils.
Replace the filter first. A dirty filter might be the only thing wrong with your air conditioner.
If a new filter doesn’t help, look for ice on the coils. If you find ice, turn on the fan. That should be enough to melt the ice.
When you need help fixing or replacing your air conditioner or furnace, call Blueox Energy in Oxford. Our skilled and experienced HVAC techs can quickly and accurately diagnose problems with your HVAC system and provide you with clear information and an accurate estimate. If you want to keep your heater or AC unit in tip-top shape all year round, we have seasonal HVAC services available at low prices.